Who We Are
A compassion ministry meeting the needs of the community as a practical demonstration of our spiritual commitment and values.
- Mission: To help people become productive in life by addressing barriers of dysfunction through the process of rescuing, restoring and rebuilding lives.
- Vision: A whole, healthy community with whole and healthy people.
- Objective: To build a holistic system of care, one component upon another, in an integrated and seamless manner.
What We Do
Path of Life Ministries is a dynamic group of community-minded individuals serving our city since 1998. We have become a premier non-profit service agency committed to serving the greater Riverside homeless, challenged youth and family population with the goal to rescue, restore and rebuild lives in our community. One of our core guiding principles is grounded in partnering with the community. We accomplish this by extending our services with our local collaborative partners, other providers and support agencies. This contributes to a holistic, community based solution that improves the social, economic and spiritual health and vitality of the poor, homeless, at risk youth and families.
Path of Life Ministries addresses significant barriers of dysfunction with people in crisis including children and families. Families are met first at their place of largest need with food, shelter and stabilization services; the rescue point. Next, the process of restoring and rebuilding begins through compassionate case management, housing, health care services, community resources and wrap around services that are provided to promote self-sufficiency and family restoration.
Our Service Areas
Path of Life Ministries’ current capacity is 373 beds per night and serves the community in the areas of:
- Homelessness – two Emergency Shelters and one Transitional Housing Program with supportive services through a comprehensive case management plan that sets goals to attain an independent life and prevent the cycle of homelessness
- Recovery Services – of people with alcohol/substance abuse or other dysfunctional behaviors that prevent self sufficiency in three Christian-based congregate living homes
- Youth Services – for challenged, at-risk children and youth population
- Health Care Services – ‘Health in Motion’, offered through our partner organization Health Outreach, provides mobile medical vehicle and two fixed sites that deliver primary care healthcare services to the homeless
According to the most recent statistics compiled for the 2011 Riverside County Homeless Count and Survey, there are an estimated 6,203 homeless people residing in Riverside County on any given day. Path of Life Ministries served 1,749 individuals and families in crisis in 2011, generating 96,030 bed nights or a total average stay of 55 days. In addition, 837 patients generated 1,301 visits to our mobile medical unit, receiving 3,349 prescriptions at no cost.
What You Can Do
Your financial support helps us deliver and expand critical services that meet families in crisis at the “Rescue” point, and begin to “Restore and Rebuild” their lives, bringing purpose and hope for a productive future. A total of 92% of all donations go directly to program services, with only 8% for administrative support of programs.